Most of what I do online is planning. Planning future blog posts, social media posts, tracking finances, creating a budget, outlining books, and the list could go on and on. In fact, one of my favorite things to “write” is a business plan; outlining a new idea, a marketing plan or a plan to update my website. This has lead me on a journey to find the best planner for entrepreneurs like me.
For so many years I would set myself up for failure in blogging and writing because I failed to:
- Take my time to run through the process of creating the right way. Often, I would rush through the entire process. I have a strong desire to complete projects so it is difficult to work through the steps to do the project correctly. Rushing was truly my biggest stumbling block when it came to working and writing.
- I failed to have a plan. Honestly, this is very difficult for me to admit. Mistakes were made along the way because I failed to properly back up my “shiny new ideas” with an actual plan. I was really good at researching and finding the tools I needed to have in order to make my new idea worked. I would often have the resourcefulness to get started up quickly, but no real plan in place to make sure that everything would run smoothly. Nor did I have the plan to make sure that these new ideas would be around long enough to really see any fruit.
The Struggle is Real
It has always been difficult for me to sit down and spend so much time planning, and maintaining the businesses that I have. However, like I mentioned above it is what I work on the most! But when I took my one year writing break from it all, I realized that in order to do this writing gig correctly with taking my time and planning, I needed to get rid of some things. All of my great ideas had been just creating a cluttered mess in my mind, my heart, and in my ability to be productive.
The Search for the Best Planner for Entrepreneurs Begins
When I finally decided to invest more time in planning I looked for the best business planner for entrepreneurs. Of course, I had thought of creating my own planning tool through Goole Docs and Google Sheets. However, planning and maintaining my websites was taking up a huge chunk of my time, and I honestly did not want to create anything new when I was already trying to downsize my responsibilities.
I really needed to find something that was turn key and ready for me to use quickly within my business.
The Business Anchor for Entrepreneurs
As many of you know I am huge fan, and an affiliate for Restored 316 Designs. For awhile, I had been looking at her Business Anchor Planner for the Entrepreneur. Like I said, many years I thought this type of tool was not necessary for my business. But once I decided to be more of a planner, I went ahead and made the purchase.
What I love about this planner is that it has just about every single tool I could’ve dreamed up, and it is available in printable and digital format.
Personally I love the digital format, and I have a folder on my desk top with all of my business planner docs ready to use!
It is such a beautiful planner, and some of my favorite sheets include:
- Blog Post Scheduler: This digital sheet has places for you to plan out three blog posts. At the bottom of the sheet it says “week of.”
Tip: If you are using this digital sheet, just hit “right click: then move or copy. Click create a copy and move to end, now you have another sheet in the same spreadsheet with another weeks worth of blog posts planned.
- Social Media Planner: With this planning sheet you can plan for a weeks worth of social media posts. I like to use the notes section to add the wording I will include within my post and the hashtags I am going to use. Again, so much research and planning needed for one little social media post!
Tip: The digital version has the different social media platforms listed on the side. I like to color in the box with the blue color found in the sheet, and then change the font of the social media platform text to white.
- Financial Sheets: The recurring expenses and the multiple income streams are my two favorite financial sheets. Even if your business budget is small, these are a really useful tool!
Restored 316 Business Anchor Giveaway
Giveaway is now closed.
Disclosure: I was given a free updated copy of this planner to review. However, I have purchased this planner in the past and would highly recommend it for your business. This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
This link up is all about building up a community for writers. Share your blog post in the link up below, and support one another in this writing journey by visiting each other’s blog posts and posting a comment.